Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 46 - Star stitch scarf

I learned the start stitch yesterday. I have started working on a scarf using the star stitch. 
Wow such a beautiful stitch and it is so easy.....

I'm using a 6mm hook.
STS = star-stitch; sc5tog so we pull up 6 loops on hook, pull thru, ch1 

Make the foundation chain a multiple of 6
Chain 24
ROW 1 =  make 7 STS ; HDC in last; CH2 turn (now here the first star is a simple sc5tog but for the remaining stars it is best to watch the youtube tutorial)
ROW 2 = 2 HDC in center CH of STS across (should be 7 sets of HDC); HDC in last; CH3 turn; 
REPEAT ROW 1, then ROW 2 till done

The pages that helped me are as below:

janet marie marston on 
ravelry.com (You need to be a member on ravelry.com to view this page)

and 2 youtube videos

and

I couldn't stop ....... and I finished making the scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment