Wednesday 4 September 2013

Day 35 - Scarf No. 5

The past 8-10 days have been complete chaos.
My sweet little daughter refuses to sleep at night! She has been sleeping thru the days and stays up entire nights. So, I am up all nights but don't have the energy to do much. 
I had tried starting on a new scarf but the progress I made on the scarves wasn't satisfactory :-(

I first tried a pineapple design, I wasn't happy with the colors I had selected so after making a few motifs I started again with another color. But with the second color I wasn't happy with the way the stitches looked. So, I just gave up.....



I started on another pattern, so far I have tried 2 color combinations. I am unhappy with the way they look, so I'm ready to give up again!


I am happy to blame this on sleep deprivation, maybe this really is the reason for not picking the right colors that would compliment each other and the pattern.

Now I have 3 scarves which I had started working on but will not be completed. 

I have already used the wool that I had used for the very  first pineapple pattern scarf to make baby booties.


The colors I had used were a double color yarn - yellow and orange and rust/brown colored worsted yarn. This was supposed to be a nice bulky scarf. But the colors were totally killing the pattern and the beautiful pineapples were just drowning in the color that I had selected.


I should have taken a picture just so that I could remember my mistakes and not repeat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment